Get a taste of this 400-year-old dancing tradition from the safety of your home; this year’s dances are being livestreamed on YouTube, so you can take part in the dancing no matter where you are in the world!
Normally we would recommend wearing geta (wooden sandal-like footwear) for the dancing, but this time around it’s probably best to go without them – your flooring will thank you later.
2020 Livestream Schedule (All times are JST)
• Saturday, August 1st from 20:00~21:00
• Friday, August 7th from 20:00~21:00
• Friday, August 14th from 20:00~21:00 (2nd night of Obon)
• Saturday, August 15th from 20:00~21:00 (3rd night of Obon)
• Sunday, August 16th from 20:00~21:00 (4th night of Obon)
• Monday, August 24th 20:00~21:00
• Saturday, September 5th from 20:00~21:00 (Closing Ceremony)