○ Individual tourists had been permitted to enter the country from October 11th, 2022.
○ Japan implements basic COVID infection prevention measures. Please enjoy your trip while following the rules below.
RULE 1 Individual prevention measures
RULE 2 New Travel Etiquette for Visitors
○ Please follow the COVID infection control measures below if you develop a fever or other symptoms during your visit in Gifu.
＊For Foreign Tourists diagnosed with COVID-19 (leaflet)
Ⅰ If you develop a fever or other symptoms while visiting Gifu:
○ Contact a local medical institution that speaks your language before having a medical examination.
○ If you are unsure of which medical institution to visit, please check with your accommodation or medical・consultation center.
Ⅱ Notification of medical examination results:
○You will be contacted by the local medical institution where you had your medical examination.
Ⅲ If you test positive:
（a）Additionally, if you fall under any of the categories below, please take note of the following instructions:
・65 years old and above
・at risk of developing severe illness and require medication for COVID-19, or are at risk of developing severe illness and now require administration of oxygen due to COVID-19 infection.
○ The public health center will contact you by phone.
○ You will require medical treatment for a fixed period of time. The public health center will designate a place for medical treatment according to your health condition. The place can be ① a medical institution where hospitalization occurs ② accommodation owned by Gifu Prefecture where medical treatment will occur, or ③ a place for medical treatment of your own arrangements.
（b）If you are not in any of the categories listed above:
○ You will receive an SMS from the Gifu Prefecture Positive Case Health Follow-up Center.
○ Please make your own arrangements for your stay at an accommodation facility where you can recover.
※ If you prefer to be admitted into the government-owned accommodation, please call the Gifu Prefecture Positive Case Health Follow-up Center (phone number: 050-3613-9615).
○ You are required to undergo medical treatment for a fixed amount of time, and will not be allowed to leave the designated accommodation during that period.
※ Rules for medical treatment at Gifu Prefecture government-owned recovery accommodation
※ Rules for medical treatment at a recovery facility of your own arrangements.
Ⅴ Travel companions
○ Travel companions who have engaged in the following activities with a positive case two days or more before their symptoms started or tested positive may be considered a close contact.
・Having meals or smoking together.
・Talked at a distance that was within hand’s reach.
・Spending time in poorly ventilated spaces (eg. car rides, meetings in a small room, etc).
○ As a general rule, travel companions who fall under the above category need to make their own arrangements for a place to receive medical treatment and isolate for 5 days, starting from the day of their last contact with the positive case.
※ If their antigen test kit (limited to in vitro diagnostic products) result is negative on the second and third days, they can end isolation on the third day.
○ The patient’s health conditions should be monitored for 7 days.